Campagnolo large flange / Mavic Module 3D 27 x 1 1/4 wheels

Rod_Saetan

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Sadly surplus to requirements, delightful 27 x 1 1/4" matched wheelset of Campagnolo Nuovo Tipo large flange QR hubs laced to Mavic Module 3D Argent rims, true within 1mm, round and plenty of life left in the rims. Hubs are intriguing as both are 36 hole, but the front has 9 holes and the rear has 12, unsure as to why. English threaded freewheel, 100mm front, 126mm rear, original Campagnolo Quick Releases included.

IMG_5834.JPG

001.jpg

IMG_5838.JPG

001.jpg

001.jpg

001.jpg

£135.00 shipped in the UK

Re: Campagnolo Nuovo Tipo LF / Mavic Module 3D 27 x 1 1/4 wheels

nice wheels would love 'em but skint!! dont suppose u wanna split 'em?!

Re:

These don't look like your average Tipo wheels. They have Tipo/GS skewers but as you say, the rear has too many holes and the front has a more sculptured profile. Also, Tipo hubs had the winged logo, yours have the later shield logo.

I'm going to look through my brochures

Re: Campagnolo Nuovo Tipo LF / Mavic Module 3D 27 x 1 1/4 wheels

If memory serves old Nuovo Tipo had 8 holes at the front and 10 at the back, the front hub has quite a modern trumpet profile of the hub centre.

I've got some Nouvo Tipo on AVA large flange from way back when, I'll check them tonight...... Nice wheels though :)

Shaun

Re:

OK, here's what I have found.

Also, you say 9 & 12 holes, I can only count 7 & 11, are my eyes deceiving me?

OK, the 1985 Brochures has some hubs called 921/000 Triomphe, the image isn't clear but the profile looks the same as your front hub, not sure of your rear as you don't have a pic of the central section. But your skewers are still 100% Tipo. Sadly I can't find any other reference to these.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-29%20at%2020.05.45_zps0pph95fq.png

Re:

Hmmm. Now I'm confused, and concerned that I can't count!

I thought I'd seen those Triomphe before, the date of Triomphe ties in better with the logos on the Mavic rims too. Shame I no longer need them, I have some Triomphe brakes and DT shifters already.

Oh, still for sale by the way.

I've had a recount, 7 and 11 holes, I'm not sure ultimately what this means, but they are delightful regardless.

Back