Battaglin Lo Pro Frameset

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Italian built Battaglin Lo Pro in 1987 Carrera team colours as ridden by Stephen Roche in the best year of his cycling career.

Takes a 700c rear wheel & 650c front wheel (I can supply these if required). Campagnolo Chorus headset included. Frame is in great condition with just a few minor marks to the paint here and there.

Chrome chainstay and forks, pantographed bottom bracket shell, dropouts, seat stays and fork crown point to the prestige of this frame.

Will be great to see it built into a perfect team replica with Campagnolo C-Record.

Size is difficult; its 58cm seat tube (centre to top) but the top tube is only 53cm (centre to centre).

You will need to use a band on downtube guide for bar levers or band on gear levers.

Looking for £350

Thats an odd one with the holes in the BB shell for the internal gear wires, yet no centre mounted gear lever boss on the down tube? i've never seen one like that.

Epic frame! Mebbe someone has put a bit if brass in the screw hole ? At first I was thinking it was nos and just waiting custom finishing but the paint says otherwise?

Any idea the history Tel, can you pin a rider to it?

Re:

Yes theres a few signs of use but it has cleaned up extremely well!

I noticed others have the old aero braze on downtube shifter boss mounted to a plate similar to what is mounted to this one. The guy I got it from was using aero bars with shifter mounts and just had a downtube guide on it (you see some evidence of this in the paint).

The only rider I know off is the guy that sold it who was an old TT Vet in the Medway towns. Would know where to start with trying to find it's origins!

Re:

it's been a band on gear lever job for some reason judging by the boss on the downtube...this is pure art and if i was a collector i'd have it up on the WALL !!! gorgeous.

:cool:

Back