Eddy Merckx MX Leader frame set *REDUCED*

LJM

Dirt Disciple
Eddy Merckx MX Leader (c. 1992) 58cm

Clearly the forks, bar, stem and seatpost are not retro (I intended builing a 'modern classic') hence two prices below, one for everything you see, the other for the frame only.

A former colleague won this frame, but riding for a shop team (on their own brand bikes), he used it for a short time and gave it too his dad. Depending on your taste, his dad may the wise/foolish move of having it re-sprayed (it started out in what I've seen referred to as tuti fruti). However, he'd already ordered his dream titanium frame, so once that bike turned up, it the Merckx remained a spare bike. As such the frame is in excellent condition, with just a few small dents, incurred whilst in storage (They show up well in the photos, but all but disappear when the bike is built).

The frame came to me with a skinny carbon fork; the Culumbus Minimal looks far better, the shape being somewhat reminiscent of the Columbus Max fork. Only it's much lighter!

Columbus Minimal carbon fork
Cane Creek headset
Dura Ace bb
3t Dorico Team inline carbon seatpost
3t Arx Team stem, 120mm
3t Rotondo Pro bar
Miche seat binder bolt
Carbon headset spacers

As seen £600
Frame only £425

Attachments

• MXLeader.jpg
    MXLeader.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,439
  • FrontEnd.jpg
    FrontEnd.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,439
  • BBridge.jpg
    BBridge.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,439
  • BottomBracket.jpg
    BottomBracket.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,439
  • ChainStay.jpg
    ChainStay.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,439
  • DownTube.jpg
    DownTube.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,439
  • DownTube_ding.jpg
    DownTube_ding.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,439
Re:

Is that 58cm centre to centre or 58cm centre to top please? Also please would you supply the length of the top tube, centre to centre.

I've updated the details, but the measurements are:

Seat tube 59cm ctt (57.5cm ctc)
Top tube 58cm ctc

Back