Giant TCR ONCE team F&F now £150 posted SOLD

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Now SOLD Subject the usual.

Having had this for a couple of years, sadly decided it is just a tad too big, for my vertically challenged frame :oops: 2000 Giant TCR in medium, (would suit someone five foot 6" to six foot, equivalent to 55x55 in retro measurements, 50cm centre to top of seat tube and 53.5 ctc top tube- but this has a dropped top tube for more standover) All the welds are smoothed out on this edition, like a Klein or Cannondale etc.

This is the original Compact frame, ONCE team edition, with ONCE logo panto'd into the frame. Exceedingly light, a match for most Carbon frames, with very unusually a full Carbon (steerer is carbon) bladed Fork and steerer, with the fishscale pattern on the fork legs.

Frame with headset cups still in 1185g, fork with carbon friendly tension insert in steerer- 470g

The seller advised me this was a team bike in the Fluorescent yellow team colours and had won some National time trials, but have no way of proving this.
In the build pictured, it weighs just under 7 kg, but the wheel set is very light (1330g). Minor scuffs to frame, but no cracks or dings and the paint is very bright still.
Sale is Frame, Fork, headset, choice of Shimano or Campagnolo front mech and ONCE Logo seat clamp. NOW £150 posted, UK only really, as International post for a frame from UK is expensive, although will ship overseas at cost, tracked and insured.

Will have some parts stem etc to throw in for kalma.
I also have an ISO taper/BSA thread 102mm FSA UlTimax titanium BB, that can offer cheap if someone wants it with the frame n fork.

Sizing chart is at the bottom, Giant still use the same geometry for the TCR today, it set the trend that all others followed

Would swap/px for some quality carbon 1-1/8th forks, band on 34.9 Record front mech, set of quality carbon short drop bars or a nice wheelset, retro or modern. PM me thanks

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_u ... Comp07.jpg

Re:

Nice frames, I had one. Looks like an alloy steerer tube the same as mine was though, if the hole in the stem is anything to go by, with carbon spacers under it.

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":mofpoios said:
Nice frames, I had one. Looks like an alloy steerer tube the same as mine was though, if the hole in the stem is anything to go by, with carbon spacers under it.

Mike
No it's all Carbon Mike, it's a one inch Carbon steerer with a polished Aluminium spacer over, so I can use a modern 1-1/8th Stem.
I wanted all 3ttt finishing kit (never got round to buying the bars though at £250 a pop :shock: )

Re:

Ah , I see :oops:
Sorry for doubting you mister. Lovely light frames these are.

GLWS ;)

Mike

Re:

Yes should have stated about the spacer, :facepalm: as it does make it look like it's an aluminium steerer. Also forgot to say, comes with a choice of front mechs, as replacement frame is band on, this is bolt on and all my other frames are band on.

Re:

Pity it's too small for me , or I would have bought it myself mate. Still have the Burrows seatpost and forks from mine ! :roll:

Mike

Back