Campagnolo Record on Mavic GP4 £65 incl. tyres -SOLD

Rik Van Looy

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Sold to emporer for £60 including UK Delivery
Nice set of Campagnolo Record/Mavic GP4 wheels from my 1970's Chas Roberts
Record on GP4 is a classic combination (like Coppi&Carrea, Champagne&Caviar or Derek&Clive)
These particular Wheels were built by the legendary Geoff Wiles with 36 Stainless double butted spokes and standard brass nipples.
Front tyre is a slightly grubby NOS Clement Brio (grubby cos it was under my saddle for ages, but it's still Clement, darling)
Rear tyre is a Hutchinson Tempo also with very neat & tidy amount of tread.
Although tyres are not matched they're both top notch and are in good condition.

IMG_4037.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

Condition:
Rims run straight and true and hub bearings are nice and smooth as you'd expect from pro-quality wheels
The only damage I can find is a bend on one of the rear NDS spokes close to the flange - see detail photo below.
Cosmetically the wheels are neat and tidy, a little grubby in places, but well looked after.
Rear has seen very little braking, Front has more anodising wear but still not bad (see detail photo with the clement tub)!
Eyelets are a little tarnished as is common on vintage Mavics, and the GP4 sticker is absent on the front rim.
I would say the photos are an accurate reflection of condition - suit a classic race bike that gets ridden (perfect for L'Eroica too).
I'd also recommend removing and regluing tyres - rear valve angle looks slightly suspect and front was not reglued after a roadside replacement.

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

Cost:

I was thinking £65 seems right - if I'm way off just say (reasonable offers cause no offence, especially if you have an exciting build up your sleeve!) (Sold for £60 incl. delivery)
Freewheel and skewers not included (I'll dig out the freewheel tool tonight and whip it orff).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Delivery:
Wheels are currently located in Windsor.
I'm happy to post anywhere in the country at cost - it'll probably need to be courier (e.g. MyHermes) as the royal mail don't do big parcels anymore.

Re: Campagnolo Record on Mavic GP4 £65 incl. tyres

Nice wheels and the price is bang on. Are they clinchers or tubs, sorry if you've already stated this?

Not stated explicitly so I will now!
These are tubs not clinchers.
thanks for the feedback on price...

hi,

whats the oln length on the rear hub please?

Hi, thanks for asking the question, and apologies for omitting this vital bit of info!
Rear Hub: 120mm OLN
Front Hub: 100mm OLN

Also, the rear tyre is a Hutchinson Tempo 1 not a Hutchinson tempo
(more info here: http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping ... p?id=43418)
Can't find any info about the clement brio on the internet I'm afraid but it looks like it dates back to the 70's/80's judging by the label.
e.g. http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 0&AbsPos=7

Back