56cm mid 90's Handbuilt 653 Dave Hinde with NEW PRICE &

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
56cm (centre BB to top top tube, 58cm to top of extended seattube), 56cm centre to centre on top tube
653 lugged handbuilt frame in lovely condition, nice bright metallic green paintwork with just two nasty scratches (one on top tube other on non-driveside chainstay, the latter is covered with a small sticker). There are no dents or damage. The drive side chainstay and the front and rear ends are all chrome plated and the chrome is as new with no pitting, etc.
Groupset is almost full Athena inc the Carbon ergo shifters, cranks (53/39) headset, hubs, etc. The front mech is a braze on Chorus and it has a Shimano cheapo 300lx rear mech - I've been looking out for an 8 speed Campag for a while but not managed to source one - this runs ok. The left hand crank is not a match to the r/h - it's unbranded and quite nice quality - obviously same length (170) as the r/h.
Wheels are Athena hubs on Mavic CXP30's with Vittoria Zaffiro tyres (front is brand new, both tubes are also brand new)
Cinelli 1A stem
Cinelli 64-42 bars
VGC Rolls saddle
Battered ITM Millenium seatpost (I would change this and the rear mech to get it to 10/10)

This is a beautiful bike - I'll let it go for £400 or near offer. NOW £365

Lots of pics below....

Untitled by velocipede65, on Flickr

I've got a couple of 8sp campag rear mechs if you're interested - I've got a mirage 8sp, and a chorus 1st gen.

Good luck with the sale!

Laurence

I am amazed there's not been more interest in this as its a cracking bike - I guess the weak economy, euro crisis, fuel prices (need I go on?) are all having their effect!

I'm happy to entertain serious offers....

Re: 56cm mid 90's Handbuilt 653 Dave Hinde with NEW PRICE &a

velocipede":26rsnp3s said:
no longer listed here....

Technically, it is...not that i have any problems with that.

Wish i could afford it!

Latest posts

Back