SOLD Dawes Londoner bike 531ST frame stays & forks - 64c

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
SOLD Dawes Londoner 531ST
Comes pretty much original except the non drive side crank arm is a shimano, the single ring drive side is a Dawes branded SR.
This would be perfect for either a town/commuter bike or for loaded touring with a triple chainset, I can exchange the single chainset for a used Shimano touring triple for £10 extra & I'll see if I have a front derailleur you can have too.
A few minor sratches here & there but no deep gouges or dents to the frame, headset is fine as it the bottom bracket.
The Suntour Vx rear d is in good shape, weinmann alloy wheels are in decent order wear wise and spin very smoothly but the rear has a missing spoke so needs some attention(rim doesn't catch the brake pads however) the front is better but could still do with a small amount of trueing.
The Selle Royale saddle is in good order as it the Armstrong seat post which has the usuual zig zag on the back. This is a 27mm which does secure fine in the seat tube but strictly speaking the correct fitment is a 27.2mm post.
The only real downsides are the 5 speed freewheel which although not worn at all is quite rusted on the surface(the pawls are perfect however & it ticks over nicely) & the chain is quite rusty though I'll change the one shown to a very nice HKK chain.
The handlebars are of the old fashioned lay back variety though of course you could swap them for drops, the SR stem is in good nick and the brake levers & Weinmann side pull calipers are also okay and do stop the bike okay but i'll include a full set of new pads( front & rears) for this type of caliper. There is a bridge to enable centre pull brake at the rear.
Mudguards are standfard chromoplastic in good order and the pannier rack is a steel variant also in decent condition.

Back