FS:Damaged Specialized Epic Frame, Forks, Chainset

sjanaway

Retro Newbie
21 inch Specialized Epic frame for sale.

It's the mid 90's, 'I think', carbon frame. Overall condition is OK on the main tubes - some cracking of the lacquer but otherwise they look OK.

Now the bad part - there is a hole, approx 0.5cm wide on the inside of the left hand chain stay. Obviously, as a result, you should not ride this frame however, it would make a good collectors piece or I guess some places may be able to repair it.

I'm a mountain biker but found this when clearing out the loft when I moved into a new house.

Forks are still attached (alloy), bars (also alloy), headset is still in, and there is also a suntour chainset which I've not removed (mainly because I don't have the right tool :)).

PM me if you are interested. Open to any offers.
Not interesting in posting this so you'll need to come and pickup from North East Hampshire.

25042010054.jpg

25042010055.jpg

25042010056.jpg

25042010057.jpg

25042010058.jpg

25042010059.jpg
[/img]

21 inch Specialized Epic frame for sale.

It's the mid 90's, 'I think', carbon frame. Overall condition is OK on the main tubes - some cracking of the lacquer but otherwise they look OK.

Now the bad part - there is a hole, approx 0.5cm wide on the inside of the left hand chain stay. Obviously, as a result, you should not ride this frame however, it would make a good collectors piece or I guess some places may be able to repair it.

I'm a mountain biker but found this when clearing out the loft when I moved into a new house.

Forks are still attached (alloy), bars (also alloy), headset is still in, and there is also a suntour chainset which I've not removed (mainly because I don't have the right tool :)).

PM me if you are interested. Open to any offers.
Not interesting in posting this so you'll need to come and pickup from North East Hampshire.

25042010054.jpg

25042010055.jpg

25042010056.jpg

25042010057.jpg

25042010058.jpg

25042010059.jpg
[/img][/quote]

pffft bit of duct tape and it would be fine!

I wonder if its actually possible to repair carbon fibre? i thought it was one of those things where when it went pop you were screwed, shame you won't post i think its a very pretty thing!

edit: google answered my question, yes it could be repaired but at 10% of the price of a new frame, could be a bargain for someone...if the price is right.

yeah i was just looking at how its done, its just like glass fibre...i'd quite fancy attempting it myself for a small repair like that.

Hi all,

I've decided I will consider posting this if the offer is right. Let me know if you are interested.

Steve

Back