Restomod Cannondale F700 singlespeed

paulr1980

Devout Dirtbag
I bought a Dale back last year for the princely sum of £100.

It had been painted by Bob Jackson in a mad metallic pink. Was running late 90's LX and XT running gear and Headshok.

I used it for a little while but ultimately wanted to create another restomod singlespeed. I've built four now.

A red Klein Pulse that I sold on here. A Reynolds 531c frame painted in RAF light aircraft grey from a tornado and dressed with 600 and Brooks honey. A Zaskar that is similar in style to this Dale albeit rigid and painted an amazing shadow gold and lastly a Ti Raleigh that I called Black Ti running Pace forks, loads of Thomson and as much titanium as I could find.

All have sold quickly on eBay and for more than I paid to build them just about. I wanted to do another but one for me and not to sell.

So I stripped it down.. got rid of almost everything and now have a huge box of spares I need to sell.

Here's the spec!

The frame is now RAL 7015 with new decals and then clearcoated over the top. I've always worked under the name Strada Veloce and the crest decal is also lacquered over.

- KP205 convertor headset for taper 1.5 to 1 1/8th
- Fox 32 Float RL forks in white with custom slik graphics decals in the same RAL code as the frame plus a honey colour
- ano blue spacers
- Thomson Elite 90mm stem
- Easton bars
- Race Face brown lock on grips
- Avid Sd7 levers
- Avid BB7 calipers
- Mavic Crossland wheels
- big ass Crazy Bob tyres
- Thomson seat clamp
- Thomson seat post
- Brooks swallow style honey saddle
- bottle cage/pannier/v brake bolts mix of blue and red ano
- Velosolo red/silver/blue spacers
- Surly rear sprocket
- chain tensioner with ano red jockey wheel
- M980 bottom bracket
- M980 cranks
- Hope chainring with blue ano bolts
- honey leather chainstay protector

Sounds like a right old mess right?! :lol

I'm ok with it not being for everyone but it's unusual and I think cohesive...

Should be finished this weekend.

Re:

Ok so the observant will pick holes in the fork decals and frame decals etc but this is built for me and not to be any sort of "correct".

Happy to receive feedback good and bad.

Back