Fat, rigid and singlespeed anyone? Surly Pugsley content

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone else partake of the fatness?

C2x2lHjXUAE1--S.jpg

Causing me a whole freakin' world of pain (don't they always :roll: ) from drilling the rear rim for an offset wheel build . . .

C2osF5jWgAEl8jH.jpg

C2pzI3wXUAYPfDV.jpg

. . . to trying to get the cheapo tyres to seat properly without feeling like I'm riding a freakin' bucking bronco with a buckled wheel :facepalm:

C2x2lHjXUAA4rz2.jpg

I love it really but like everything I'm sure it's gonna turn into a real money pit. Next job - fit a pair of quality tyres as I'm sure the wire-beaded jobbies I have coupled with the fact that I'm running 24" wheels seem to amplify every slight misalignment.

Much tinier than it looks in the pic too as those are 24" fat bike wheels on a 14" frame :p

C2x2lHjWgAACB6e.jpg

Cheers!

No, getting it from one end of town to the other is hard work - everyone wants to stop and chat about it . . .

. . . those tyres drag like **** too :LOL:

:D :cool:

Finally got the tyres to seat properly this afternoon by over-inflating to almost 25 psi :shock: before settling to just under 10 (still pretty high for a light rider but any lower and the bead returns to seating unevenly - time to get a proper pressure gauge I guess) - fingers crossed tomorrow's commute will be smoother.

Pugsleys have an offset rear end (initially designed so that the chain would clear the fat tyre with use of a standard width hub) so need an offset rear wheel build - Google Pugsley wheel builds :cool: - looks super weird but does the job.

Bent ;)
C2YP2DtWEAEltxn.jpg

Back