** Rafty Funnel **

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
yes.... it's really called a Rafty Funnel...... :oops:

picked this up a wee while ago, i like that it's a little oddball, but i think they look quite cool built up! :cool:

this is gonna be a slow-burner, so will be updated as and when!

on arrival though i have to say it wasn't pressing my buttons as much as i'd hoped. i guess the reality is that raw aluminium doesn't really do it for me, and i wasn't relishing the prospect of polishing it up either.... i needed to find a solution!

so, it's currently on it's way down south to Maldon to be powder coated Shocker Yellow!

fingers crossed that will give me some inspiration! :roll:

Attachments

• shocker.jpg
    shocker.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,557
  • built.jpg
    built.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,556
  • rafty.jpeg
    rafty.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,556
Re:

well, it's been powder coated! :cool:
got a couple of teaser pics today, should be back with me soon and then i'll get a proper look at it, but from what i can see, it's looking good!

Attachments

• r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,386
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,386
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,386
I'm not a fan of polished Aluminium either but that shocker yellow will make a huge difference so i'm very much looking forward to seeing project done ;) ..

love the colour. Learn't some thing new today. Never seen a bike like that before

Re:

Crazy looking frame, suitably crazy colour, what parts are you going to put on it?
(I did notice the flouro-yellow Maguras in the original pic, perhaps go for the "Skittles" approach to bike building.... a rainbow of colours :LOL: ).

Re:

not quite sure Jim, i have a mint silver X-Lite Angelo stem i thought i might use, and i sent some flat bars down with the frame to be painted to match..... I'm leaning towards just subtle silver components mostly.

i'm building an RC300 that has fancy pearl violet paint that's gonna have a purple theme, so that will probably do me as far as splashing some colour around goes! :D

never used magura brakes...... i shall look into that as a possibility! :cool:

Back