1999 Mount Vision Pro

Chris4stars

Dirt Disciple
This has been a project over a few years and finally finished, not to everyone tastes but I love it - rides a treat!

Frame: 1999 Marin Mount Vision Pro
Fork: Pace RC 36 Pro Class
Groupset: Shimano XTR
Chainset: Middleburn Duo w/XTR spider
Wheels: Mavic XC 717
Seatpost/Bar: Easton EA 70
Seat Clamp/Headset/Steam: Hope
Saddle: Brooks C17 Cambium
Cables: Jagwire Carbon
Chain: KMC gold 9speed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 920
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 920
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 920
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 919
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 919
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 919
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 919
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 919
Blimey that's purple ;)

Love it though. Never had a go on one of these but the sus design seemed to get rave reviews. How does she ride?

Re:

Love it :!: :!:

That purple is awesome :cool: :cool: :cool:

If you should ever get bored with the saddle ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looks great! Lovely colour and it looks fast.

Like minifreak said these did get rave reviews, nice bike.

:D

Re:

Cheers guys :) first replies I've had in here about it! it's not to everyone's tastes with the new bits but it gets used all the time round Edinburgh and yes - she does fly :)

I still have the original stem (minus sticker), cut bars (pretty narrow) and seat-tube (worn) if anyone wants them for postage costs

The sx carbons have since been put on my city/night out bike! an old school hardrock. As for the custom purple, it was a big favour from Orange bikes :)

That's gorgeous :D The finish is beautiful ( though a bit too purple for my tastes - but that is just me ) Does it get dirty often? I've a 97 Rift zone and I love Marin's full sussers ( my GF just got an '03 one - that's brilliant too ) Have you had it since new?

Re:

Thankyou!mand to be honest no it doesn't... it's a sunny day bike along the bike paths of Edinburgh! I've had it since new in 1999 - along with the mbuk magazines and reviews of it! £2.50 an hour pot washing, a paper round for ages to save the £2500 it was back then!

How times change with prices!

Latest posts

Back