1998 Specialized FSR Elite Ground Control Build

Love the 2001 enduro colours, that frame looked mint! Certainly a nice hack to have!

Like your work on this.

All those bikes are very clean. I have never really liked the URT type of FS design for some reason, but yours are so nice I defienitely approve. Ride on brother.

andyfloyd82":2vo66q4x said:
All those bikes are very clean. I have never really liked the URT type of FS design for some reason, but yours are so nice I defienitely approve. Ride on brother.

These aren't URT; they're a fully active 4 bar linkage that doesn't lock out when you stand up. URT bikes have the bottom bracket mounted on the swing arm (Klein Mantra is the most extreme example).

Back on topic, I love the backbone FSR's and really wanted one. I loved the Dirt team DH bikes with the BETD linkage to increase the travel.

Mindmap3":36fmkkgz said:
andyfloyd82":36fmkkgz said:

These aren't URT; they're a fully active 4 bar linkage that doesn't lock out when you stand up. URT bikes have the bottom bracket mounted on the swing arm (Klein Mantra is the most extreme example).

Back on topic, I love the backbone FSR's and really wanted one. I loved the Dirt team DH bikes with the BETD linkage to increase the travel.

Ahhh, well I stand corrected. Im sure these are much nicer because the URT stuff was always just hideous to me and I hated how they rode.

andyfloyd82":1e1z896k said:
Mindmap3":1e1z896k said:
andyfloyd82":1e1z896k said:

Ahhh, well I stand corrected. Im sure these are much nicer because the URT stuff was always just hideous to me and I hated how they rode.

URT was indeed a horrible design...the early a Oranges were URT too (X1) but I suppose they were a product of the time when people were generally suspicious of suspension.

Back