2006 Litespeed Niota AL

andyfloyd82

Retro Guru
Traded a Peugeot PX-10 for this Litespeed earlier this year and never got around to posting pics of it. I bought the Peugeot PX-10 for 45 bucks from a yard sale....then I took that bike to a local shop and traded straight up for this Litespeed. This is not the titanium Version of the Niota but still is really nice, its really my first newer FS bike as I have a couple FS bikes from the mid-late 90's. Here is a spec rundown....

20131216_153327_zpszmjjdbh5.jpg

20131216_153238_zpswiyj8mqp.jpg

20131216_153228_zpsmx78wl9z.jpg

20131216_153205_zpslkd0udzb.jpg

Frame: Med-Large 6013 Aluminum

Fork: Rock Shox SID 100mm

Headset: Cane Creek S-1
Stem: Easton EA70 90mm
Handlebar: RaceFace Atlas Blue Ano
Grips: Lizardskin Bearclaw
Barends: None

Brakes: Avid BB7
Brake Pads: Avid Semi Metallic
Brake Cables: Jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers: None
Brake Levers: Shimano Dual Control M770

Shifters: Shimano Dual Control M770
Front Derailleur: XT M770
Rear Derailleur: XT Shadow M770
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: XT 11-34 T Aluminum Carrier
Chain: SRAM PG970
Cranks: XT M770 175mm
Crank Bolts: Deore
Chainrings: Shimano XT
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Octalink
Pedals: Wellgo LU-825

Hub Skewers: American Classic
Rims: FSA SLXC-3000
Hubs: FSA
Nipples: FSA
Spokes: Double Butted
Tyres: WTB Wolverine
Tubes: Rubber

Saddle: Charge Knife
Seatpost: RaceFace Evolve
Seatpost Binder: Litespeed

Weight: 25.5 lbs

Love this bike. Let me know what you guys think.

Wow, did you get the whole bike for the trade... Boggles my mind, what the hell was so special about the Peugeot PX-10?

jujupunk":3vn6n4bk said:
Wow, did you get the whole bike for the trade... Boggles my mind, what the hell was so special about the Peugeot PX-10?

Yep, and that Peugeot just sold on ebay for 1250.00 USD. The Peugeot was a 1976 and it was like a timecapsule bike where it looked like nearly new. He had this Litespeed for sale for 1200.00 so I think it worked out for the both of us. I just dont get into the road bikes like I do the mountain bikes. really love this litespeed though, plan to replace the SID with something more Modern...like a Reba or Manitou r7 100mm.

Wow great deal! Those SIDS are hard to beat. If you do replace it, keep it for another project they are beautifully responsive and light even by todays standards

jujupunk":1wcwrljl said:
Wow great deal! Those SIDS are hard to beat. If you do replace it, keep it for another project they are beautifully responsive and light even by todays standards

Oh yea, that SID is really plush for sure. The Niota is going to take slightly larger drops so I think at least a fork with 30mm Stanchions is in order. The SID has 28mm stanchions but its going on my more XC oriented Giant ATX which right now has a crappy Judy on it so itll be great on that bike. Definitely a great fork, extremely lightweight.

Back