2007 Trance X3

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Six years old, maybe a little more, but still rocking and keeping up with mates on more recent and much more expensive kit. Bought recently from a friend who's emigrated and wanted rid of it ~ for a pretty silly price. All the SRAM and Avid stuff has now gone, replaced with humble but functional Deore stuff. The forks have been serviced by Rock Shox and it feels great. It's a trail eating monster, and the best bit......owes me less than £200 :) Upgrades will come as and when things turn up at a decent price :)

wow, is that a hole through the bottom of the down tube to support the shock?

would love to see some more shots of that Giles. looks like a fun machine

my brother has one of these slightly different to yours as he's is adapted cos he only has one arm :)

Fair play to your bro, Kitmech ~ can't be easy riding minus limb.
Trance is still being well used as a winter hack ~ now running double and bashguard on the front, Shimano brakes, XT Shadow mech / Deore shifters, black grips, RF post and Selle Italia Filante saddle. And a better rear wheel. All recycled old junk really keeping the cost minimal and the fun maximal. When the trails dry out and the bike isn't covered in filth, I'll do some updated pics :D

These are really nice bikes, six years old? So what! All its lacking is a bit of hydro-forming on the frame, otherwise its as good as any more recent model, and a fraction of the price. Win Win :D

A few more recent pics as promised...... not exactly sunny, but best we get in january :)
Now running 9 speed, XT rear, SLX front, double rings with a RF bash guard, Deore shifters. Brakes are Shimano BRM445s ~ cheap as chips and brilliant for the money. If you need a cheap brakeset, don't rule these out. Also a change of seatpost, saddle and grips ~ evolving nicely and seems to be surviving the recent swamp conditions! :)

Back