Spooky Bandwagon Restoration

t_bollox

Dirt Disciple
Dear All,

I acquired a Spooky Bandwagon frame a few months back with a polished finish. I decided to have it powerder coated light blue. I also made the decals and made a disc mount for the rear.

As a note, my brother had a Spooky Metalhead back in the day with a green to black fade paint job. He sold it, does anyone know of its whereabouts?

Attachments

• IMGP1895 Spooky decals.jpg
    IMGP1895 Spooky decals.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 3,018
  • IMGP1896 spooky headtube.jpg
    IMGP1896 spooky headtube.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 3,018
The frame looks great, what kinda build are you gonna go for? Z1s? C2s? DH4s?
I'd be interested to hear!
The top tube decal, I could be wrong - isn't it supposed to be nearer the headtube?

Here's a pic of my jump/slalom bike from the same era for some inspiration!

:D

Attachments

• Copy of chuteychutechuteychutey2.JPG
    Copy of chuteychutechuteychutey2.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 2,993
I was unsure where the decal should go, I also did not get a good image of one to copy as I think there is some kind of graphic as well. I can always do another one.

As for the build, it is built, for my wife, so it has lots of pink on it. I will take some photos. At the current time it has a rigid pink fork on it.

Some pictures of the built up Spooky Bandwagon with an old Judy on it.

Attachments

• Spooky back.jpg
    Spooky back.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 2,797
  • Spooky front.jpg
    Spooky front.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 2,797
  • Spooky complete.jpg
    Spooky complete.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 2,797
It's pretty badass to see how many old Metalheads and Bandwagons are still out there being ridden.

As far as sticker placement goes... Who cares!

We sent out a good 60% of all our bikes without stickers on 'em.

We have original Metalhead and Bandwagon stickers as well as the Made in NY and 6061 stickers too.
I'm out of downtube and headtue decals though. We just went through the very last of the old ones a month or so ago.

We must have a thousand old Metalhead stickers. I covered my van with them and still have more than I can count!

mickey@spooky":1j33722n said:
It's pretty badass to see how many old Metalheads and Bandwagons are still out there being ridden.

We have original Metalhead and Bandwagon stickers as well as the Made in NY and 6061 stickers too.
I'm out of downtube and headtue decals though. We just went through the very last of the old ones a month or so ago.

We must have a thousand old Metalhead stickers. I covered my van with them and still have more than I can count!

Hey Mickey. I'd love to get hold of a set of original replacement Bandwagon stickers as well the Made in NY and 6061 ones you mention. They'd finish my last build of nicely! :cool:

How can I go about it?

Cheers,

Wayne

mickey@spooky":2thtt5qm said:

Sorry to reopen such an old thread, but any chance you have have some Bandwagon decal/stickers sets left? Even if it's just top tube.
Currently restoring my Bandwagon including new powdercoat. Be nice to have some original decals.
Thanks

Back