Rockshox Recon or Marzocchi MX Comp (pre abused, of course)?

bertberr

Devout Dirtbag
I'm looking to get a slightly longer travel fork for my Buckshot Pro (currently 80mm Manitou Mars Elites), and based on various reviews and a reply from Tomac themselves, 100mm seems to be where it is in terms of recommended travel, though they did say you might even get away with 120mm, but I don't think the geometry would take too kindly to that...

So, based on the fact that I need v-brake bosses, and that I don't want to spend too much (ideally less than £100), I've narrowed it down to either the 100mm or u-turn version of the Recon, or the MX Comp (either Air/Coil in 105mm or ETA).

So, any of you peeps got any experience with either of these, and in particular any thoughts on how they would work on a lightweight XC race frame, albeit a fairly old one now :LOL: ???

And any anecdotes about reliability, ease of service / availability of parts etc would also be good.

BB

i own a set of '04 MX comp with ETA cartridge and must say they are a very plush fork, plenty of travel and the ETA really helps to keep the front end down whilst powering up a hill.

my 06 mx comps are superb
im thinking of getting another set (one leg bushings have gone after 3 years with no service or maintainence what so ever, they still work lovely and its minimal play) just cheaper than the tools!
could you provide a link?

cyfa2809":26r1exhp said:
my 06 mx comps are superb
im thinking of getting another set (one leg bushings have gone after 3 years with no service or maintainence what so ever, they still work lovely and its minimal play) just cheaper than the tools!
could you provide a link?

as with you i would deffinatly get another set of MX comps when the time arises that i need a new pair, they are bombproof forks.

yes certainly, mine are used for my 'urban' bike which sees off road sometimes but, i do medium drops and jumps around the streets and these are perfect :D

Back