Orange C-16r 1997 - Full refurb - For sale

alldaydisco

Retro Newbie
For sale: Fully refurbished Orange C16-r 1997

I have owned this bike since I bought it with my student loan in 1997. Originally a fully rigid bike, I did put Pace RC30 forks on it before finding a great pair of Marzocchi MCxcc forks in about 2010 which have had a service every year at GA Cycles. These air/oil forks are a perfect fit for the bike and make up and down hill a pleasure.

Feeling sorry for the old girl last spring I had the bike stripped back to nothing and rebuilt by Gary and the team at GA Cycles in Southampton.

Their frame builder performed a full inspection of every weld, braze and fitting. Then its been sprayed the original silver and has a new set of decals. The original shimano bb has been removed and replaced with new.

The rear cassette, chain, and chainrings are all new. Both front mech (LX) and rear mech (XT) have been stripped and rebuilt by GA.

New Mavic XM719 rims are laced onto fully refurbished Shimano LX hubs, the XT v-brakes have been reconditioned and have new pads.

not much else to say. If you are into retro bikes then this represents everything awesome about the frame geometry with all the new bits to make this bike ride and feel like a new bit of kit.

Since the rebuild I have only managed 150km on this bike around QE Park, it has no bumps, dents or scrapes. There is another pressing project so this, has to go.

I am based in Southampton UK, happy to box up and send at agreed cost, probably best to collect in person.

I have receipts showing the refurb at GA cost over £850

£650 takes it.

More photos available on request

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 402
It's in the members section so feedback should be polite :D

Occasionally we all have projects where they mean more to us personally than others and on those, we may spend 2 or 3 times more on it than it will ever be worth or we will ever get back, and I do fear you may have wandered into that territory on the price.

That said, I like these myself and a good job seems to have been done, Good luck with the sale

Back