Marin Eldridge Grade in original spec 21" £85

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Having a clear-out of stalled projects and this has to go now that a Kona is on the way soon. Bought it last year from a respected Retrobike member, as far as my knowledge of Marins go this is completely original, I have the pedal straps somewhere if total period correctness is required. In very good condition, frame just has some patches of surface rust and some of the bolts have rusted. Some fading of the forks/handlebars from sunlight and sticky patches where computer was fitted, foam grips have split. Original tyres perished but have fitted some Marin lite tyres along with new tubes IIRC. Wolber rims seem un-worn, seatpost and bottom bracket smooth. Has a new chain and hyperglide cassette, went to my LBS last year and IIRC they fitted new gear cables, adjusted the gears and greased the wheel bearings. Brakes would benefit from a proper set up.

I can email further pictures if required.

21" Frame

£100 collected

Located in Dorset, collection best for me as working long hours but could possibly meet for petrol.

2lo0q4l.jpg

Re:

Nice looking bike, I'm interested if you have any more close up pics. Also, as I've never had a Marin, what height rider and inside leg would that frame suit? Pics can be sent to duncan_wade at 69.hotmail.com. Cheers

Re:

Someone take this early 90's Beauty off my hands - please, price is a little flexible :)

If I hadn't recently bought the 'Bike that broke the camels back', I would keep this myself.

Ideal for Mountain Mayhem ;)

My best mate at school had exactly the same bike. Good times.

The pedals don't look original, but the rest is very nice. GLWTS !

Sundayjumper":ozzvqcml said:
My best mate at school had exactly the same bike. Good times.

The pedals don't look original, but the rest is very nice. GLWTS !

It has not been ridden much, needs a loving home :(

Re: Re:

bluetomgold":7snq2kc8 said:
Did you get a chance to measure the top tube? And whereabouts in Dorset? Ta!

I forgot the bike is in storage at work ( away from the Wife) I shall measure it in the morning. I am near Blandford, could deliver to certain areas.

Back