Corratec Bow 204/5 project bike

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought this a while ago, and have done very little with it. What limited research I have managed to do points at a 1995 ish model of BOW 204/5.

It's a 19" frame I think, has a lot of original parts but was incomplete when I bought it. I planned to restore it and use it but those plans have now changed so it is up for sale.

You will see that the bike is missing all of it's stickers on the frame but those on the forks remain, the paint work does need some touching up as there are patches where it has been rubbed through but no signs of any structural rust issues. Personally I was going to touch it up and get replacement decals through Gil.

I have procured a Corratec branded seat post although it will need a shim which I'm not sure if I have in the spares box or not so assume that won't be included in the sale, also I have done the same with a saddle. The bike has two tyres but they are no good, one is an original Corratec Diamante but I have sourced a pair of Huthison Aligator tyres in yellow and black (the decals would have been yellow/gold so the saddle and tyres I chose sort of complimented that. The tyres are included in the sale but could be optional.

All the cables will need replacing, one of the brake lever adjuster barrels is missing (looks like a 7mm one) and I have not examined the wear on the chain and related rings/cogs. Chainset is mid range Sugino, front and rear mech are M737 XT, brake levers are Corratec branded (Dia Compe I believe), brake arms are Corratec branded as are brake pads, these have very little wear visible, hubs and rims are also Corratec branded, as is seat clamp. pedal cages look a little bent but could be straightened if buyer planned to keep them, they are only plastic bodied ones though, gear shifters are SRT 600 I think, and original Bullmouse bars and grips are included. Forks are Corratec branded but I think made by Ballistic.

I think that's it but if you have any questions let me know. Priced at £200 plus postage at cost (or collect from North East Scotland), and again although I would prefer it stayed together I am happy to remove the tyres from the deal as they are not strictly original I just thought they complimented it well.

Attachments

• full bike.jpg
    full bike.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 744
  • rear brake.jpg
    rear brake.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 744
  • front brake.jpg
    front brake.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 744
Re:

Just noticed how crap the pictures look on here. PM me with your email if you want better ones, this is the largest Res I could upload for some reason and they look rubbish, sorry.

Re:

One more bump for this beauty before ebay. Have sourced a seat post shim and fitted the post now. If it doesn't go like this I'll probably finish assembling it and put it up on the bay for whatever it gets.

Latest posts

Back