Home found! (was Free to a good home: late 80s Dave Yates)

John Stevenson

Dirt Disciple
An impending move, lack of space and the fact that I just don't ride them any more means this and another of my old bikes are up for grabs.

IMG_3680.JPG

This is one of a batch of bike that Dave Yates built for the Two Wheels Good team in 1988. The tubing's Tange Prestige, fillet brazed by Dave himself.

Deb Murrell had one of these, as did Jamie Carr and a couple other members of the team. Carlton Reid cooked up the original idea, along with Dave.

The bottom bracket is an over-width creation to enable 15.5 inch chainstays, which seemed like a good idea at the time.

Like the Bontrager in my other post it's done duty as a hack bike, hence its slick tyre set up.

Chainset is a Middleburn with silly colour scheme rings, and those are Extra-Lite bar ends on a Syncros 7075 bar with a shim.

Fork is a Kona Project II.

Transmission is 7-speed and if I'm honest barely works. It's been in the shed a while...

You'll need to be able to pick it up from Bath.

More pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1181307018 ... /DaveYates

Anybody want it?

Call or text me on 07944 453951

You SURE about this... even selling the small parts would make you a bit.

as KASE said "SUPER KARMA"

A chap called Mark has put his hand up for this in double-quick time, so it's his.

I know I could have sold it, but most of it was swag and I've never been comfortable selling off journo freebies. It's more important to me that it'll get looked after and ridden rather than gathering dust in my shed.

Well done John.. I like your faith in humanity... cant imagine anyone looking at this at best wasnt thinking.. keep the frame and sell the bits ;)

dablk":8rzjy0gv said:
Well done John.. I like your faith in humanity... cant imagine anyone looking at this at best wasnt thinking.. keep the frame and sell the bits ;)

I may be being naive or optimistic, but even if that does happen, it's something I don't have time or inclination for, so I've not lost anything.

Back