1999 Independent Fabrication Deluxe Frame *SOLD*

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
**Got the size wrong...:roll: )

1999 Independent Fabrication Deluxe, 17in. (18in c-t) team green / yellow (with little stars in between.

1&1/8th head tube. 68mm bb shell. V / canti brake only.

I bloody love this bike, but there is another idea in the pipeline. So after two glorious summers it's time to let someone else enjoy what a singletrack dream machine it can be.

It's in very good nick. Few paint chips in obvious places like dropouts etc, but on the whole it's v tidy. That epoxy paint finish lasts well and polishes up nicely.

It truely is a fast bike. Particularly good twisty technical and flowing singletrack. Such a balanced and fluid but still flickable ride. And the 17's seem rather hard to come by compared to the 18's (which actually measure up 19in). I was always a bit sceptical about those 'steel zing' comments, but this bike really is a delight to ride. Quick but comfy and above all balanced.

There are two small dimples/ dents in one seat stay. This initially put doubt in my mind when I discussed taking it off Ti Fat Man's hands after falling in love with it at MM08, but a conversation with him, and then with Indy Fab themselves put my mind at rest after showing them pics etc, they said it was totally repairable but they thought it wasn't a big enough issue to warrant it. They considered it fine (I still have the emails somewhere). It sounds scarier than it actually is (no paint break etc). The wheel still sits straight, one v brake needs slight re-alignment out further than the other, but it is on the upper side of the stay and the v brake arm covers it anyway.

Frame and virtually new Chris King Headset. £350.00 + post at cost. Will include those perfectly matched bottle cages too of course. :)

If payment by paypal, I'd like that marked as a gift please, or include the equivalent percentage of fees paypal will charge if a 'non gift' payment.

Thanks for looking in.

Sold to Mr Sidewinder. :D

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,781
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2,780
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2,778
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,777
more pics.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 2,774
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 2,772
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,771
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,769
more pics.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,767
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,765
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,763
Re: xtr split

tinker":3fwk40jn said:
if you split can i have dibs on xtr please,,

not sure where i am with selling/ splitting and if so, what will be sold off parts wise. Had so many people try and dib stuff, will just say, if i sell the parts, watch out for a thread and then see what's on offer.

SHould add, I got the size wrong on the frame, so have amended the post.

If you do split could I have dibs on that lifetime supply of headset spacers?

cchris2lou":2d63bpo2 said:
would it be a crime to weld a disk tab on this frame ?

:?

was that a trap? to see if my want to sell was greater than my retro beliefs?...

;)

No more of a crime than to use 2004 SIDs on it I suppose. :roll:

Back