Manitou SX-R 80mm Forks - SOLD

pealy

Dirt Disciple
Anyone interested in these classics? 80mm travel, 1 1/8 steerer. Fully functional as far as I'm aware but usual scrapes/blemishes for their age. V-brake or (slightly odd) disc mounts. They've been on my trusty '94ish Marin Indian Fire Trail which I've finally decided to retire. More photo's etc on request.

full1.jpg

£20? I'm in Lancashire, near Preston.

Steerer length? Are these elastomer? If so how are they, still boingy? What kind of weight rider would they suit? Very interested (and localish) if the answers are the right ones ;) Could I possibly dib for a short while, pending some more info please...?

Cheers!
Pete

Steerer length? If the first passes can I dib pending confirmation of the length.

Carl.

elPedro666":1y4h07ay said:
Steerer length? Are these elastomer? If so how are they, still boingy? What kind of weight rider would they suit? Very interested (and localish) if the answers are the right ones ;) Could I possibly dib for a short while, pending some more info please...?

Cheers!
Pete

Hi Pete & thanks for the interest. I can measure the steerer for you tonight but as for the internals, I'm going to struggle a little. I seem to remember when I bought them that they had elastomer one side and something else the other but I really couldn't be sure. Have you any idea what I'm looking for? They're definitely still 'boingy', I was still using them for my XC rides until the end of last year and they never gave me a problem, I'm 10.5 stone (65kg) and I was very happy with them.

Let me know if there's anything specific I can look for.

Neil.

They are elastomer one side and damping on the other. I recently got a set of SX-Carbons for the Wife off the bay and the SX range use the same setup across the board.

Carl.

drcarlos":2hha5hha said:
They are elastomer one side and damping on the other. I recently got a set of SX-Carbons for the Wife off the bay and the SX range use the same setup across the board.
Carl.

Thanks Carl.

SX

The most underrated forks of the 90's , I had a pair of SX TI's on my E4 back in 2000 and rated them higher than the Z3's I had on my Alpinestars ASR .

Elastomers are great when new ! :D

If they get passed up and the steerer is around 220 mm I'm up for 'em .

Re: SX

peteteamtig":3vcd6t5o said:
The most underrated forks of the 90's , I had a pair of SX TI's on my E4 back in 2000 and rated them higher than the Z3's I had on my Alpinestars ASR .

Elastomers are great when new ! :D

If they get passed up and the steerer is around 220 mm I'm up for 'em .

Righty-ho - Glad there's some interest. I agree with you, these have been great forks and I'm sure there's plenty of life left in them.

Ok, I'll let them go to someone who's clearly more knowledgeable than I! They're for a bike I'm building for a mate, so I think, on balance, I'm best keeping it as low-maintenance as possible (ie. rigid!).

Thanks for all the info, they're clearly a proper bargain! :cool:
Pete

Back