That X-Tools toolkit, rebranded for £19.99

crantok

Retro Newbie
I'm so mean that I feel affronted when I find out I paid more than I had to on anything. I blame the parents.

I bought the X-Tools toolkit mentioned in an earlier post and liked it. Saw it again today, rebranded as "Jobsworth", on the On One and Planet X sites.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOJWTK/jobsworth-tool-kit

How is it possible that a kit of this quality is so cheap? I paid a tenner for a cassette lockring tool a few months ago. And the one in this kit is nicer!

i think i paid about £11 for one of my bottom bracket tools
an then seen a full bike service kit in aldi for £12.99 reduced from £20
an it had a cheap bb tool an lots of stuff i have bought seprate
like chain tools an a whip but the stuff in aldi will probably break
an the xtools cyclo an park stuff ive bought should last for years
some of it a lifetime , but as for planet-x there just trying to compete with crc it gets you through the door an you look at other stuff an maybe buy more,

you will find supermarkets own brand products, some of them are the same thing rebadged with different labels,with different prices all made by the same firm this is normal these days

I can see your point. If I was Planet X and I saw the popularity of the CRC toolkit (197 reviews and counting) then I guess I'd be on the phone to their supplier as quickly as possible too.

Re:

Happens on all sorts, have you seen how cheap something's are from China and that includes shipping.

Many things are just a name, tools, drills, clothes, bike bits. Chicken, beef, all from the same place just different packaging and 'experience buying the brand', possibly with minor differences.

Unless its made by them, then you'll often never know.

Many of the bikes on here are all made in the same shop or rebranded Kalloy or similar stuff with a nice sticker on it.

Stuff that looks the same from planet x can sometimes just use the same manufacturing patterns but not be anywhere near the quality of more expensive brands though. I bought some of the 'phart' back lights that were a copy of a really good reliable RSP I own - the planet x ones were really shoddy, crap switches and electrics and badly fitting seals, cheaper brittle plastic etc. I'd want to make a direct comparison to be sure. Having said that some of the x tools kit isn't too great quality either, the bb and cassette remover are made from shiny low quality steel but then it is way cheaper than Park/Pedros etc.

history man not always bud eg sainsburys did a cast iron skillet pan
with white handle an outer £19.99

morrisons had the same pan but with a red handle an outer
£9,99 same size same shape same cast £10 difference

but if it was food then your comment is pretty much correct

1 of my 1st jobs was in a food factory i hated it
but i noticed that the better sauces were going in m&s meals
(grade a) an grade b was going in the others supermarkets meals
apart from the savers ranges an kwiksave which was grade c

but im told they all have A grade stuff in there a top class ranges now ie the best, tesco finest, taste the difference an Truly Irresistible etc

define scum? :)
if you mean the winos etc they dont normally
make it further then the corner shop :roll:

nothing is worse then asda though
thats were all the single mums with ten kids to different dads go to shout down there phone at there grandparents for buying justin an robbie the wrong xbox games

then yelling "put that back your not having any"
before finishing off in the wine section looking for the lambrini ;)

ParentAward.jpg

Latest posts

Back