Early no "Record" Campagnolo high flange hubs

PerB

Old School Hero
Just curious, I am doing two Swedish Monarks both from approximately from 1967 based on the serial number, one came with non Record Camagnolo high flange hub at the rear with date code 67 and the front hub high flange with Record marking and date code 67. I believe those are the original hubs.
The second came to me with a non Record high flange front hub, but with no date markings, the rear hub was replaced with a Atom hub from the late seventies. (This bike is slightly newer by approx 1500 in the serial number on the frame, but most likely from the same year). Strangely this bike came with the 151 BCD crank and Nueveo Record rear derailleur , the first one came with the 144 BCD crank and a replacement rear derailleur.

A friend of mine is also doing a slightly older Monark, he is the second owner of the bike and the original owner did not use it much, it came with no Record high flange hubs front and rear with date mark 65. It is believed that this bike is of 1965 vintage based on the serial number

The Campagnol timeline suggests that 1963 was the last year for non Record hubs, but here we have hubs with both 65 and 67 date, which clearly is in contradiction to the statement in the Campanology time line. Anyone else with similar late date coded non Record hubs?

Back