Holdsworth , Freddie Grubb , Bob Jackson.

Midlife":u1o9p3ua said:
Oooooooooohh! Bob Jackson could be a better colour scheme though :)

Shaun

Definitely! What is going on with those cables, too! :facepalm:

Mike

Re:

Tim Lomas told me the BJ was is Jackon team colours . Yes the cables a to long .

Here is a shot of the FG he has. Any one know which model the frame is?
IMG_0707 by rebalrid, on Flickr

Re:

Er... I can see two Holdsworth Pros?
Interestingly, the one on the ground seems to be a shop-built Pro with the 'chunky' hollow wrapover, whereas the one on the wall seems to be a factory-built Pro with the 'normal' wrapover.

Re: Re:

torqueless":38w0cdcz said:
Er... I can see two Holdsworth Pros?
Interestingly, the one on the ground seems to be a shop-built Pro with the 'chunky' hollow wrapover, whereas the one on the wall seems to be a factory-built Pro with the 'normal' wrapover.

Good eye Sir .
You are quite right . One shop and one factory built . Another change to the shop built frame is that it has had the rear cable guide for a centre pull brake removed . Tim the chap who owns these bikes told me it originally had one.

It also has a Campagnolo close ratio chain set fitted .

yes I've just been looking at these on eBay. The 1976 pro is a lovely bike but the price is a stinger.

Re:

That frame looks earlier than 1976 to me. I might be wrong about this, but I'm thinking that by '76 they'd be using braze-on gear cable tunnels, and nobody was doing all that stays 'n' forks chroming any more- although the chrome might have been added as part of the restoration?

Personally, I'd be haggling for a couple more links to be added to the chain..

Re:

Just to help with making a choice, I got my 1969 Holdsworth Pro from Tim earlier this year and can vouch for workmanship and for being easy for doing business with.

Back