holy moley rear sprockets bigger than the front now

Re:

I will add it to my list of things i can live without :LOL:

Along with disc brakes for a road bike . Fashion is the "buy it" word .

bigpantswheels":8voy0put said:
I remember back in the day when anyone riding a 26t was laughed at, we used to call those freewheels pie plates.

We used to call the big chainring "the racing ring" - only to be used I races or time trials and anyone who didn't have a polished ring (fnarr) was ribbed for it "did you win the tour then?" etx

39x24 is all you need (unless you're scaling an alpine pass) :)

Compact chainsets just don't make sense to me, especially now you can have 24-14 straight through on the back and 39x53 up front to give you pretty much every gear you'll ever need, on an old non compact spider.

However it probably helps out new cyclists who aren't used to the combinations to find something they're comfortable in and give them confidence not to just get off and walk (even if walking would be quicker!)

Pionir":28g5nsmv said:
However it probably helps out new cyclists who aren't used to the combinations to find something they're comfortable in and give them confidence not to just get off and walk (even if walking would be quicker!)

That's what I can't figure out with this insane gearing, it really is quicker to walk! And easier!

Latest posts

Back