"D" Cut-Outs in Lugs - Anyone know what this bike is??

MartyP

Dirt Disciple
Hi There,

Anyone know or have any ideas what this bike is? "D" cut-outs in lugs so presuming maker beginning with D?? Looks italian to me as covered with Gipiemme, Campy & Cinelli parts - maybe early/mid 80s? Shim 600 hubs, Mavic MA rims etc... Later seatpost etc

Cut-outs in BB Shell, Decent Chrome ends, Seat stays seem to be very slightly oval too...

Any thoughts appreciated...

Cheers,
Marty

Attachments

• D Lugs.jpg
    D Lugs.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 619
  • Seat Cluster.jpg
    Seat Cluster.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 619
  • Whole Frame.jpg
    Whole Frame.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 619
AndyMart":39l85b13 said:

Yes AndyMart - I think you are right - the brake bridge, BB shell and mech braze-on are all exactly the same...

So probably Columbus tubing and probably made in Italy somewhere??

Well done and thanks!
Marty

MartyP":10lcs6b8 said:
Muddy paw":10lcs6b8 said:
As above http://www.steel-vintage.com/media/cata ... 0504-5.jpg

Diamant are a German bike company as far as i know of ..

Yes, German or Belgian I believe? Like with a lot of these European companies, frames were out-sourced so hard to track down the exact manufacturing origins - I have a 'Dave Russell' that was supplied by Concorde (Dutch) but made by Ciocc in Italy...

Cheers!

Well i'd only heard about the German connection so if it is Belgian then maybe some one else could shed more light on the subject ..

Muddy paw":1i9g0u86 said:
MartyP":1i9g0u86 said:
Muddy paw":1i9g0u86 said:
As above http://www.steel-vintage.com/media/cata ... 0504-5.jpg

Diamant are a German bike company as far as i know of ..

Yes, German or Belgian I believe? Like with a lot of these European companies, frames were out-sourced so hard to track down the exact manufacturing origins - I have a 'Dave Russell' that was supplied by Concorde (Dutch) but made by Ciocc in Italy...

Cheers!

Well i'd only heard about the German connection so if it is Belgian then maybe some one else could shed more light on the subject ..

Just done some research online - you are right - definitely German and 125 years old! Better give it to the wife (Frau) - she's German!

Glad to see you've found further confirmation regards the origin and 125 is a little older than i feel atm but for that age your bike looks in fine fettle so will your wife wan't a yellow bike then as i know mine wouldn't ..

Muddy paw":odz692q1 said:
Glad to see you've found further confirmation regards the origin and 125 is a little older than i feel atm but for that age your bike looks in fine fettle so will your wife wan't a yellow bike then as i know mine wouldn't ..

The Company is 125 years old, not the bike! Now owned by Trek... You are right, she wont like yellow and it's too big for the wife so I better keep it myself! ;-)

Cheers

MartyP":5qgdtc4s said:
Muddy paw":5qgdtc4s said:

The Company is 125 years old, not the bike! Now owned by Trek... You are right, she wont like yellow and it's too big for the wife so I better keep it myself! ;-)

Cheers

Oops! sorry about that it's my meds that i'm on atm as they tend to make me a little too relaxed and my sight goes a little blurrey :facepalm: but any how good to know the company has been taken over by Trek as at least it didn't fade away not to be remembered again and congratulations on having the bike all too yourself :cool: :LOL: as i bet you'll make it look great again ;) ..

Back