Best classic tyre?

Niallmo

Devout Dirtbag
I have just tracked down some original Weinmann/Shimano wheels for my Team Corsa. It currently has Modern Mavic CXP 22 black wheels on it.

Do I go with Michelin Dynamic Classic and accept punctures or go retro modern for some Schwalbe Lugano Amber walls?

I also need a 105 Golden Arrow rear Derailleur as it's got a more modern rx100 on it.

It'll need a respray at some point too as the seat tube and stays have been gone over in brilliant white and not the pearl white on the rest of the bike. Whoever did it also painted over the decals on the seat tube!

Niallmo":2oszy0tv said:
Do I go with Michelin Dynamic Classic and accept punctures
I've never had a problem running these type of tyres! You'll puncture no more than other tyres! Just look were you are going ;)

By the way the handlebar stem is very high on that bike and could well be dangerous if stressed.

Ian Raleigh":32e6bcq4 said:
Niallmo":32e6bcq4 said:
Do I go with Michelin Dynamic Classic and accept punctures
I've never had a problem running these type of tyres! You'll puncture no more than other tyres! Just look were you are going ;)

By the way the handlebar stem is very high on that bike and could well be dangerous if stressed.

Thanks, I did suspect the bars were high. I need a headset wrench, there's one on its way to me to sort it out when I get the wheels.

I like the look of the Michelins and they are the OEM tyres for the bike. I always carry spare tubes and CO2 inflators so it's not as if I'll every be stranded. It's a fun bike rather than a commuter so might as well go OEM.

Next is does it get a Charge Spoon saddle or a Turbo?

Re:

Which are the Schwalbe Lugano with amber walls? I've only ever seen them with black walls and yellow treads.

Are those eBay tyres genuine? It's strange the big retailers don't supply them in beige. Looks like a reasonable deal though. Anyone know how they compare with Continental Grand Prix Puncture resistance wise?

Funnily enough I need a white saddle and was looking at the Charge Spoon and Turbo myself. I used to have a Turbo "gel" saddle in the 90s and it was rather uncomfortable (possibly due to not being much padding except the layer of gel) but at the risk of hijacking the thread, which is likely to be more comfortable? Has anyone had experience of both?

Back