Peugeot Tandem 1984

Papillon

Old School Hero
Ordered at Harrogate bike show in 1984, picked up from Harry Halls Manchester same year few nicks on the paint here and their brakes have been changed to V brakes 2 x nice Brook saddles (b 17) 10 speed
Can anyone advise on price can give more details if needed
Many thanks Papillon
Looking for £300 collected

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 301
V's on conventional levers...is there an anchor on a rope in the pannier for stopping...? Must be alarming downhill. :shock:

I'd guess around £400. Halfway decent old tandems don't seem to go for that much. The keenies buy the best, the rest either are in the divorce courts or never ride them. Modern brakes and gears are disproportionately better on a tandem: decent stopping, easier climbing, no missed shifts, no broken rear axles.

I've bought two Dawes MTB tandems for under £300, one absolutely pristine.

Sounds like a fair price to me.

But those brakes are completely wrong - wide profile cantis are the right setup for those levers. I bet the lever touches the bars when squeezed hard. Alternatively Tektro CR520 levers.

hamster":8rsmk234 said:
Sounds like a fair price to me.

But those brakes are completely wrong - wide profile cantis are the right setup for those levers. I bet the lever touches the bars when squeezed hard. Alternatively Tektro CR520 levers.
I no, but as I prefer a fixie pure just in the process of a Pace RC200 F 4 frame with RC30 forks frame/forks had all the brake guides took of frame and made good. Painted in burnt Orange with the period Pace decals the tandem does have some great stopping power, but I may not be the best person to judge on good brakes!
Papillon.

Back