Check your local rags!

fluroforks

Retro Guru
This is probably of more excitement to me than most other people on here but I hope it stands as an inspiration for people to put ebay and mainstream websites aside for a moment and go and check your local weekly ads. Little gems clearly do pop up from time to time.

This morning my local paper advertised a "Dawes bike for sale. Good condition. £95". On further investigation I find that this is the humble Dawes in question:

Attachments

• electrolux 001.JPG
    electrolux 001.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 398
  • electrolux 002.JPG
    electrolux 002.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 398
Great bargain, a Super Galaxy for £95!!

I think the best one I saw was a Major Nicholas frame for £20!! Needless to say, it had gone.

Re:

A late 90's all original 531 everything Super Galaxy. Its in my size, its been impeccably maintained, it has some provenance having been to Cuba, the Pyrenees, most of Europe. Its exactly the bike I have been searching for for quite a while.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have bought it for that sort of money on my doorstep. I hope everyone else can be that lucky from time to time.

Re:

Reminds me of when I found a Mercain track iron from the 50's,for £200 in a local shop window . Faded note giving details and saying one owner from new . Just looked at the date when I bought it 2007 :shock:

this was it.
https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll

Nice bike BTW

Back