Philbrook and Buckley Brothers - advice needed

jahknob

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

I'm helping a local framebuilder to shut up shop, and in the back we came across a couple of very old bicycle frames -

One is a Philbrook, looks like a touring frame, comes with headset and centrepull brakes, still original blue paint, not mint by any means, but pretty good nick, if a bit grimy.

The other is a Buckley Brothers, small-wheeled, child-size, pre-1945, with headset and chainset, original paint, very nice, but also very grimy.

He'd like to sell them - can anyone suggest the best way to do it? Would it be eBay or via this forum?

Many thanks,

j.

Attachments

• DSC07515.jpg
    DSC07515.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC07519.jpg
    DSC07519.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC07521.jpg
    DSC07521.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC07522.jpg
    DSC07522.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC07523.jpg
    DSC07523.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 463
  • DSC07527.jpg
    DSC07527.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 464
Re:

Hi, Prices are always difficult to nail, and I'm only here to give advice, the Philbrook is a nice touring frame, who's price will be affected by the lugless construction, which I don't really understand but hay ho. But the Buckley is museum piece, the Hellenic stays and condition, is amazing, don't sell cheaply, contact Peter Card at http://www.tc-auctions.com/ for an assessment for his next auction. As far as outlets are concerned Ebay will achieve the best prices, but also can be a pain in the neck, I hope this helps. Terry

Re: Philbrook/Buckley Brothers

Thanks very much for the very useful advice. Will contact the auction house about the Buckley Bros frame. If anyone can suggest even a rough guide price for the Philbrook, that would be much appreciated, as I suspect the seller would probably prefer not to have to get involved with eBay (at least not yet!)

Much appreciated,

j.

Back