Shimano AX? Does anyone know.

Taul Paul

Devout Dirtbag
There is a rubber cable support that goes under the bar tape. I understand to give a more aero trailing edge to the bars.
Q..............was this rubber infill for use with the AX bars that are oval ish anyway? Or was it was it for standard round bars only?
By the way, I think I can produce this section, I'm doing myself some first.
Ta

TP

Attachments

• bars1.jpg
    bars1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 614
  • bars2.jpg
    bars2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 614
  • bars3.jpg
    bars3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 614
On the plain round bars on my Raleigh it had something very similar to that fitted but it's on the fronts of the bars.

This is a perfect sort of job for the 3D printer. Another reason why I should buy one.

I always thought it was for un-grooved bars to make them more comfortable with the thin tapes then fashionable.

That stuff is for round bars! I'd search for the correct grey foam stuff which matches the oval bars to make it even more aero.

Remember though by fitting this stuff you will go much much faster..............

AX.

Out of curiousity I've just taken a look at my 34 page AX catalogue (dated September 1980), no mention of this there...although the under tape cable housing was widely available BiTD.

Until taking a look at the catalogue I didn't realise there were four groups in the AX series -

Dura Ace,
Adamas,

and the fourth simply named AX.

Jon.

Re: AX.

Hello Jon

What is BiTD and do you know where to buy the cable housing.
Thanks TP

roadking":seaithc3 said:
Out of curiousity I've just taken a look at my 34 page AX catalogue (dated September 1980), no mention of this there...although the under tape cable housing was widely available BiTD.

Until taking a look at the catalogue I didn't realise there were four groups in the AX series -

Dura Ace,
Adamas,

Jon.

Re: AX.

Taul Paul":21smb95p said:
Hello Jon

What is BiTD and do you know where to buy the cable housing.
Thanks TP

roadking":21smb95p said:

Dura Ace,
Adamas,

Jon.

Apologies, it seems to be the common shorthand for back in the day, used when referring to the past - modern usage.

It is a long time since I used this type of housing, and regrettably I have only recently thrown some in the bin.

Good luck, it looks a very nice build.

Jon.

Latest posts

Back