Big John new guy on here, old guy in bikes

Big John

Retro Newbie
I've been collecting for 20 years, just bought my first road bike last year. I think it is a pre Raleigh Carlton Super Course 27". Would like to know more about it. Originally from mid Missouri, currently reside in central Texas. Ex Army disabled but still kicking vet. Old bicycles are 1 of the few things that make me happy. Current count is at 20, no where near enough.

20 isn't nearly enough? That's encouraging news, I've only got half a dozen, so I've a way to go to catch up but then again you've probably got more room in Texas! There's lots of interesting and useful information on here and some nice bikes to look at in the Readers' Bikes section. Enjoy yourself here and welcome.

Welcome :)

I'm a 70's sort of guy so the Carlton might be a bit before my time but pics would be nice. It will also attract our resident Carlton aficionado Spokesman.

You definitely need more road bikes :D

Shaun

:LOL: Welcome big John if you're looking for help with a Carlton I'm sure spokesmann will be along soon to help you out. Old bikes can become abit of a habit and it looks like you're well on the way. :LOL:

Re: Big John

Thanks y'all for the welcome. I'll get pics of the Carlton on here soon as I can. Funny thing I actually bought it to flip I'm a lot more into cruisers and muscle bikes but now I think I might just keep it. Go figure. Talk to y'all later. Also if any one needs help with an American bike let me know. I've got a fair amount of knowledge on that subject.

Back