1969 Lejeune?

78Sabatni

Dirt Disciple
Purchased this bike recently - not a lot out there on this make but judging by the Tour De France reference on the head tube badge and the decal style and components I am pretty sure it is 1969. Original owner was sure he purchased it in 1966 but the tour win was 1968 for Lejeune, either way I like it even if it is a lower end model with most likely a gas pipe frame. I actually have taken a liking to the steel 27" Rigida rims and other steel components. Does have Mafac brakes along with the ubiquitous Normandy Luxe high flange hubs and some nice Huret wing nuts. Serves as an occasional sunny day rider. Only items changed are the new Michelin tires and brakes pads but I am looking for some original holders and a down tube frame pump.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 466
Wow, that's a bit of a 'time warp' machine! Where's it been for the past 45 years!? Wrapped in a blanket under someone's bed?

For a 'gas-pipe' job it looks very nice.

78Sabatni":3bihlc7i said:
Purchased this bike recently - not a lot out there on this make but judging by the Tour De France reference on the head tube badge and the decal style and components I am pretty sure it is 1969. Original owner was sure he purchased it in 1966 but the tour win was 1968 for Lejeune, either way I like it even if it is a lower end model with most likely a gas pipe frame. I actually have taken a liking to the steel 27" Rigida rims and other steel components. Does have Mafac brakes along with the ubiquitous Normandy Luxe high flange hubs and some nice Huret wing nuts. Serves as an occasional sunny day rider. Only items changed are the new Michelin tires and brakes pads but I am looking for some original holders and a down tube frame pump.
I think you will find it"s higher in the division than Gas Pipe, looking at the lug work, the shop I had in the 80"s I was an agent for Lejeune & even their better tube frames had plain lugs, it wasn"t until you got to the equiv of 531 that the lugs got fancy, next time you take the seat pin out measure it, if it"s 26.6mm or bigger it"s quality tubing more than likely. I had until a few weeks ago, one of the very few 753 track frames they built, their top end kit was good quality at least up to 1986 can"t say after that.

Back