Campagnolo victory crank

Just did this ten minutes ago :cool: .

You'll need a 7mm Allen (hex) key. Make sure the retaining collar/dust cap is free to rotate and both crank and collar threads are clean. Screw the threaded collar containing the bolt fully into the crank, turning anti-clockwise, being careful not to damage any threads.

Once in place, tighten the crank bolt by turning clockwise until 'torqued' up. Job done. Crank removal is the reverse operation, with no need to touch the collar. Check the crank bolts for tightness over the next few rides to make sure there's been no slackening.

In the absence of a suitable pin spanner, surgical tweezers can be a decent substitute to securing the collar. Most decent car maintenance outlets do decent sized 7mm keys (for VW brakes etc.).

[Time for a spin - roads dried up nicely :) ]

Followed the above advice and worked pretty well. Bought a 7mm allen key for Brake calipers from Halfords (£6.99) and removed the chainset no problem. It actually works really well....However my bolt on my crank side was a little worn and I made it worse and now it is stripped!! :( Hopefully my LBS will get it off somehow tomorrow. So I would say the system works well but those bolts are a little fragile so be careful.

it was my fault really for trying to use a slightly smaller allen key to remove it before buying the correct size.

Back