weekend ride

riddim-track

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not particularly retro but a good way to get the legs in shape for some summer climbing... just add 18kg toddler and you're in business :)

Yes a bit of an overly proud dad moment :oops: but here's me and the boy on our favourite trail round Bury Ditches, South Shropshire this weekend, just had to share. I don't have a facebook page full of pics of the kids so making up for it here.

In case anyone's interested... and as this is a bike forum, it's a modern CroMo Raleigh 'Royal' with 3x9 Campagnolo 'Mirage' & 'Daytona' groupset and some cheap & chunky Pro-lite 'Como' wheels (until I figure out how to convert my old purpose built Miche hubbed touring wheels to a modern 9/10spd freehub)

And just admiring the view at the feed stop...

Great stuff! Can't wait to do this with my two year old grandson.

The look on the girls face says a thousand comments :mrgreen:

Though I have my orders from my daughter I have to wear a modern helmet[something I don't wear] Helmet for grandson
and I'm not allowed to go on my own in case something happens whilst we are out on our lonesome.

Actually he's a boy, it's just my wife still can't bring herself to cut his hair. You're not the first, by a long way to mistake him for a girl :LOL: I'll be reminding him of that in a wedding speech or something.

I did get my son a helmet as it seems the thing to do these days but he always manages to take it off and throw it in the road when we were riding! We don't bother anymore. Luckily my wife rides too so she goes behind to keep an eye on things such as stray wellies boots, gloves, helmets etc

Ian Raleigh":2pds1u5d said:
Its not the hair cut that made me think he's a girl but the pink coat....lol
urmm yes well no excuse for that really :oops: , I think it might have belonged to his cousin first

Back