Carlton Professional

BigFoz

Retro Guru
I raced on one of these in SA in the late 70s. I constantly monitor eBay, but have yet to see one surface. Was it an SA sticker model only or was it a regular model? (It was common practice in SA to rebadge things under different "SA" names...). It was 531 throughout, and mine had Campag Nuovo Record on it.

BigFoz":lhhoanpo said:
I raced on one of these in SA in the late 70s. I constantly monitor eBay, but have yet to see one surface. Was it an SA sticker model only or was it a regular model? (It was common practice in SA to rebadge things under different "SA" names...). It was 531 throughout, and mine had Campag Nuovo Record on it.

put a thread in the wanted section , you never know

Bagpus - that's what I remember, except mine had been stove enameled black by prev owner. Nuovo Record, with large flange campag hubs. My first bike on tubs.

Savings flat currently as having my Colnago Tecnos resprayed. But this will be my 2013 project - to track down and build up one of these.

We sold the UK Carlton Professional as a Frame only back in the 70's in the bike shop I worked in.......

What a killer combination..Lagoon Blue colour for the team bike, Victor shot in seat stays, full chrome forks fully sloping, chromed rear triangle....killer combination but on reflection killed by the economy at the time.

Shaun

I've got a Carlton Pro, from the early 70s. There aren't loads of them about, but they are available.

Back