"Jagrose ???" Any & All thoughts welcome :-)

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I was watching this Jagrose named bike on the bay because of the paint job. Never expected it to be such a high price (£500+). Please comment on the what, who, when of the Jag builder & brand. I'm very eyes & ears to know a lot more about this bike :)

(close inspection shows the quality of the frame build, fork rake, paint job, geometry etc. Quite stunning.) Thanks in advance, yours Laz.

Ooops link is here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170859536435

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi, the 'brand' is J A Grose ( James Grouse ), a cycling/outdoor type store based in Euston Road London, with a few other shops around London, they did a lot of mail order. The bike looks original which adds pounds to it, the equipment looks first class for late 40's / early fifties and the frame looks a good un', but can't see too much detail. Probably made by a very good third party frame builder at the time - you can take your choice in London at that time ( what a choice ! ). This all adds up to a fair price for a rare piece of history, and does the buyer know the builder, probably. Hope this helps a bit. Terry

Thank You Tel :) Much appreciated my friend. Information like what lives in your's and other heads in here can't be bought, it's invaluable. All my best to you, yours Laz.

Latest posts

Back