Recommendation for sunglasses......for an oldie

Midlife

Retro Wizard
The current set are a bit scratched for the recent bright sunlight but at least combat the flies.

People at work have Oakley Jawbones or sun glasses the size of dinnerplates that make them look like an extra from the "fly", both not really my cup of tea being born in the late 50's

There are a pair of oakleys in the for sale section but they look like they will blow off in the Cumbrian winds LOL

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Shaun

After getting in from a lovely ride home tonight with a while family of flies in my eyes, I am eager to see if anyone has any good suggestions! I to don't feel the need to look like a fly in order to avoid capturing them under my eyelids :)

I would definitely recommend oakleys - couple of reasons - they have an excellent warranty, they have optics (no headaches), they are comfortable and tough.

*wanders off to have a look in the classifieds*

I really rate them. Don't see the value in cheap sunglasses at all.

edit: just had a look and it's the M Frame ones you want for cycling. Really good sunglasses.

You could always go Badger Style...

Johnny

Attachments

• _39168902_hinault_get300x300.jpg
    _39168902_hinault_get300x300.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,289
Fit comes first. If they don't don't bother.
I fail to see the value in Oakleys. They don't have a homing device when you loose them. They don't take kindly to being driven over and their optics, while good, are no better than many other makes. The price does not reflect an improvement over something a 1/4 of the price for example. 4x more expensive has to mean 4x better. Doubt that for 1 minute.

mattsccm":2gco1tcn said:
Fit comes first. If they don't don't bother.
I fail to see the value in Oakleys. They don't have a homing device when you loose them. They don't take kindly to being driven over and their optics, while good, are no better than many other makes. The price does not reflect an improvement over something a 1/4 of the price for example. 4x more expensive has to mean 4x better. Doubt that for 1 minute.

Well YMMV but I have found them excellent for the last 10 years or so I have been using them, and they are a good company to deal with. If you get them from an outlet store the prices are usually very competitive also. It's not just the optical quality but the strength of those lenses - reassuringly strong!

sunglasses or goggles

Are you shopping for sunglasses or goggles? Have you ever thought about buying wholesale sunglasses rather than paying retail. Learn more today how to shop for sunglasses the easy way. We at dragonalliance offer the best Mens wholesale sunglasses at affordable prices. Look great for less with fashionable, affordable men's sunglasses at dragon alliance.

I've been wearing a pair of Ray-Bans for the last few years - they don't have a name but the code on one of the sides is RAJ1195AA. No idea what that refers to but I did have the two sides replaced (the bits that go over your ears) last year after a kid sat on them, so it's good to know you can get spares for them. They're black wrap-around jobs with black lenses, I like the fact that I can wear them on the bike - and also when I'm out in normal clothes without looking like a prat, a fly, Greg Lemond or someones bodyguard. They weren't cheap but they weren't jaw-droppingly expensive either.

Best advice though is to go to a good sunglasses shop and see what fits and is comfy. I wouldn't pay Oakley money just for the name, although they're nice. A good tip to stop them coming off is one of those lanyard things tied around the back of your head, just tight enough to stop them moving.

Back