What years is my Viscount Aerospace pro?

B1kEnUt

Dirt Disciple
Trying to figure out what year my Aerospace pro is. Any help would be much appreciated. Here are the specs and I believe it is all original:

3rd gen. aluminum forks
Viscount branded: brake calipers, pedals, leather saddle, stem.
Lambert branded brake levers
High flange viscount stamped hubs
Shimano Crane rear deraileur
Shimano Titlist frt der.
Regina freewheel.

Here are some pictures almost done with refurb.
[/img]

Attachments

• VIscount full out.JPG
    VIscount full out.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 1,438
  • front out.JPG
    front out.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,438
  • rear der detail.JPG
    rear der detail.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,438
Thanks for the responses guys I thought it was somewhere in the 75' range and the catalog seems to verify. Goldie thanks for the link it was neat to see the catalog pics from the time. I really like how your Viscount came out and I was psyched to see someone else who saw these bikes and thought COOL! Have a great day. Still debating on the aerospace tranfers it seems that they are only sold over there in England no American sources. I don't want to pay out the nose in shipping and such.

This looks like the bike in the adverts that could be bought for £120 in comparison to a Campag etc. equipped bike for £220. The ads were around 1975 as stated above. I'll try and scan the ones I have - but they were a full 2 page spread in 'Cycling' mag.

EDIT - done it, here it is, 2 full pages in all their glory. From November 8th 1975 issue.

Attachments

• Viscount Aerospace Nov75.1.A.jpg
    Viscount Aerospace Nov75.1.A.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,370
  • Viscount Aerospace Nov75.2.A.jpg
    Viscount Aerospace Nov75.2.A.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,369
Awesome adds thanks for posting I wish I had a poster sized one of each. Neat stuff, I am really anxious to finally ride my Viscount I have some red leather toe straps on the way and then it will be done, and ready for l'eroica in October and my girlfriends Raleigh is comings along nicely hopefully it will be done soon. Thanks to all the responses!

So while we're talking about Viscounts, does anyone know anything about the non-Aerospace models? I single-speederised mine but it did have a 5-speed screw-on freewheel, Rigida Superchromix 27" wheels with low-flange chrome hubs, band-on shifters, joggled cranks, Weinmann brakes and flat bars. No idea if any of that was original, particularly the bars. Chrome fork too, so it either post-dated the cast fork or it was replaced.

IMG_7423.JPG

Looks like a fun ride! Sadly I have no idea about it it looks like an older frame due to the Lugs but I couldn't tell you the vintage. Hopefully one of the much better informed folks can help more. Cool bike though.

Back