Price needed for Swinnerton Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

w98seeng

Dirt Disciple
I have a Swinnerton frame with the original Power forks.

The bike is made from Columbus Max tubing and, according to Swinnerton the bike was built for John Herety, former UK road race rider, Tour de France rider and current Rapha-Condor-Sharp Team Manager.

I contacted Swinnerton on Facebook and his reply was this...

Hi Ian, this frame was one of the 1st frames to be built in the UK with Columbus Max tubing & power forks. The whole back end was chromed then painted over; this particular frame was built for John Herety, former UK road race rider, Tour De France rider and current Rapha-Condor-Sharp Team Manager. It was originally built using Campagnolo Record Through out and was used in our shop Catalog. This was one of 3 frames that were produced in this design.

I am including the original Campy Record down-tube shifters, Record rear derailleur and Record front derailleur. So, what can I expect to get for the frame, fork and the other components? What price should I start with? There is one dent on the top tube, but it isn't that big and not a concern with the integrity of the frame.

Thanks for the info,
Ian

Swinnerton27.jpg

Swinnerton41.jpg

Swinnerton33.jpg

Swinnerton32.jpg

Swinnerton28.jpg

Swinnerton25.jpg

Swinnerton21.jpg

good frames like that with no history can fetch £150 on a good day so you could always try it off at that or more and then lower if needed , depends on what it owes you as well .

but nice history

biggs682":11lqhcen said:
depends on what it owes you as well .

but nice history

It doesn't owe me a thing. Nada, bupkis, zero. Actually, I bought the complete bike for $200 and sold the...
Delta brakes with brake levers- $260
C-Record Crankset for $75
C-Record 1" Threaded Headset - $81
Mavic Cosmic 700C Front Wheel - $65
Rear wheel, (can't remember the make) - $70

I still have the frame, fork, handle bars with stem, the C-Record front and rear derailleur (6 or 7 speed, can't remember) and the C-Record downtube shifters

in that case please forward frame to me FOC !

thats a good profit , why dont you keep it yourself and use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back