Been polishing and engraving....

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Taking the Campagnolo engraving a step further and have polished a couple of cranks prior to having them engraved. The results are great, nice shiney Campagnolo with an engraved logo. Obviously the polishing removed the original laser etched logo so it's nice to have something put back in its place.

Very difficult to picture mirror finished components:

1st gen Athena
P1140013.jpg

CDA
P1140091.jpg

Nice work Tel.Out of interest what method do you use for polishing the alloy up.I am thinking of doing this on an old pair of late 1970's record cranks.Any pointers would be useful.

I was going to ask about that too, I have access to a polishing lathe at work (dental lab) and wondered what sort of mops / polishing compound you used :)

Shaun

You would be amazed what can be done in the average dental lab......however, I failed to cut out the seatpost from a Moser frame I bought on here :(

Shaun

I use a polishing wheel on a 6" bench polisher. First use a brown soap then a blue then autosol. I finish it all of by hand with autosol and a polishing cloth.

Hi Tel, long time no see buddy :) Stunning, nothing less than "About Time". I tip my hat to you on this 1, saves me the trouble. When do you start offering the lasing & how much buddy ?. You know this is 1 thing I for certain would use if available. Later my friend, yours Laz.

PS: Midlife, Dental lab kit might do the job buddy, but ask yourself where all the dust will go. It is a very messy process polishing, it gets everywhere. I use an industrial polisher (been polishing stainless steel etc for over 20years) Heat also plays a part, so keep a bucket of water handy for cooling.

Back