BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all

First post in the roadie section - and it's an mtb/road question!

I've got a set of Pauls Thumbies which allow you run bar mounted thumbshifters using roadie barend shifters.

I set them up today with a set of Dura Ace 9spd barend shifters, but the left shifter (the chainset one!) only seems to move two rings worth of cable :? Can you get them that do three rings worth? - have I bought the wrong ones? or am I being a muppet somehow :roll:

Help gratefully received

Cheers

Sounds like you have bought a lever for a double rather than a triple chainset. I don't think the front shifters have a friction setting although i'm not 100%.

dura ace barend shifters only come in one flavour- the cable tension can be pretty finicky and just works- depending on which front mech you have it might just not work...........

Andy

It may be the baseplate mis-match again. You should be pulling HOOOGE amounts of cable on the left hand friction shifter ( I've had loads of both Pauls and Forge bar end converters ).

Sorted it :) Just needed to move the shifter round a couple of positions on the square mounting 'lug'

Cheers

Reason I stopped using these was because of the horrendous amount you had to move the levers to shift over the 3 chainrings. They were fouling my Hope brake lever clamps it was that bad.....

Hope you get on with them better than I did....

Back