Curses!!!!!! bolt head nightmare...

Bear-Chan

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
ullooo...
i bought a set of rc36 proclass a few months ago which have been great. until now...
i wanted to swap the steerer for a 1" and one of the steerer clamp bolts is pretty rounded off. grrrrrrfff! i remember reading somewhere that older pace bolts were sometimes made of cheese.
its currently soaking in gt85 but im not very hopeful...
i was wondering if anyone have any tips or is it probably fubard? i guess in worst case scenerio, at least its a bolt in crown! if so anyone have an idea of price? :cry:
thanks in advance...
grumpy mike

use a torx socket that is slighlty larger and hammer it home,then try and move it.It may have been loctited in,which is not helping.Next,try drilling the bolt out and use a easi out which is a reverse threaded device .Next,just drill it out M5 and tap it if it's an M6

ummm... *shuffles feet*......... the little bugger just shifted!!!!!
thank the lord for that! and thankyou very guys for the tips!! im very happy to say that i wont be needing them, just a new bolt. sorry to cry-wolf! :oops:
i soaked it for about an hour then re-cleaned the bolthead and used the most perfect allen key i could find with a lot of downward force. hooray!
it did have a lot of locktite or something on it which as you say, probably didnt help.

now... back to mocking up my klein build and cleaning engine parts in the lounge... 4 cans of cafferys, left over curry for tea and my girlfriend at her families house. triffic!!
no longer grumpy bear
:D

Back