stayed in the other night

THWANG-666

Senior Retro Guru
our cable box blow up the other night again (thanks ntl) so out come the old video,s
malvern hills classic 1991
kings of the mountains 2
mountain biker world cup downhill duel cross country
getta grip
totally wild with a young rob warner on his saracen soooooo coooool

thats got to be one of the best night i have had in ages me my 1 year old baby boy and my dogs oh and a nice bottle of martell when i put my son to bed 7.30 ish.
cheers thwang

A few people on here have good videos , maybe they could be put on line in the gallery .

I'm sure someone could convert them onto DVD. That'd be sweet.

if i could i would defo i need to talk to a friend that into vhs 2 dvd we could get a great collection going just like block buster but better lol

haha

I have just finished watching king of the mountains, the one with the David baker interview.. Classic racing with all the old names...

There are definite advantges to the wife being away..tomorrow night the GT is coming into the kitchen for some TLC..

I don't have a VCR any more... :(

Or any mtb videos to watch on it if I did! :LOL:

DVD conversion sounds like a great idea... ;)

Was thinking of picking up a cheap vcr - dvd recorder so I could swap all the old films you can't get on dvd now.

It'd just be nice to know they were going to last longer than the tapes as they are already going in places.

Got to get my copies PulpTraction and Outer Extremities onto dvd some time soon.

I converted a couple of my videos to DVD, they're awesome, the 1991 BMBF series and the Malvern Hills Classic 1991 (Greg Oxenham is a nightmare commentator!!!)

I was a little worried about the conversion as they're UK videos, onto NZ DVD's but luckily the PAL system is recognised over here too... ;)

Have a US version of Tread and Re-Tread, having a multi-region DVD takes care of that...both are truely excellent!

Other videos waiting to be converted are:

Mountain Bike Racing 1989 MBC Series with Mud Cam Action
MTB Action 1990 MBC Series with Mud Cam Action
MBUK Tricks and Stunts with the two Martins (well made!)
Various feebee videos from Mountain Biker and MBUK

The shame of it is, my wife no longer has access to the Video/DVD recorder, and recent research shows that to convert an old video onto DVD is about $80.00 per hour... :x

If anyone has any ideas, would be happy to share my selection :D

Rich

A dvd of that lot would be awesome.

I have a load of tapes at my moms. Its just converting them is a pain in the ass. Anyone fancy a challenge?

Back