lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
riding home on the ss khs i hit a pot hole in the road which i hadnt seen. slammed me on the floor.

result, cut legs, grazes and a shoulder that isnt working today.

i dont bounce anymore.

to make matters worse, my ritchey logic brake levers took the brunt of the impace and have been ground down by the road accordingly.

also damaged my 3 week old wedding ring.

gutted, and in pain, back to one finger typing

:shock: :shock: take pictures and sue for compensation. That could have been a lot worse. :x

nasty :(

sadly I can't do one finger typing today as I had a steroid injection into the joint of my index finger that I dislocated and broke last November on the Real Ale Wobble :roll:

That black line is the needle going right into the joint :shock: (the plastic hypodermic bit is all but invisible to the xray).

spa0662.jpg

CTC won a pile of compensation for a guy who fell off his bike after hitting a pothole. Can't say as I approve but the option exists.

mtbfix":3a14yigg said:
Can't say as I approve but the option exists.

Why not. If some body gets hurt then they should be paid. twice I've got paid. And so i should have been. stopped at the lights and was walking down park lane.

That wobble has a lot to answer for Ed

my finger still isnt right, still purple where it bends and if caught hurts like a bugger!! :roll:

orange71":2asojk7l said:
sadly I can't do one finger typing today as I had a steroid injection into the joint of my index finger that I dislocated and broke last November on the Real Ale Wobble :roll:

I remember that, naaaasty! and 9 months to get it fixed? oh the speed of the NHS....

tintin40":3lz8s3kd said:
mtbfix":3lz8s3kd said:
Can't say as I approve but the option exists.

Why not. If some body gets hurt then they should be paid. twice I've got paid. And so i should have been. stopped at the lights and was walking down park lane.

Can't say I agree either, without specifcs though its hard to say but generally the claims culture is depressing. At least report the pothole to be repaired

pothole has had a yellow ring round it for weeks aparently

i find the claims culture depressing too, however it does peev me off when some council's negligence causes damage to other people's property and bodies!

The CTC case which comes to mind had nothing to do with a money-grabbing "claims culture" and everything to do with the negligence of a local authority in ignoring a known highway defect and a resulting serious and debilitating injury.

Just saying.

How does spraying a yellow circle around a pothole and then walking away do anything to address the responsibility to fix it?

If your injury is minor, then OK, you were lucky. So the best thing might to be to push for the hole to be fixed ASAP without seeking compensation.

But you might have had a bus right behind you and the outcome might have been very much worse.

Anyway, hope you're back on your feet (and bike) soon, fella.

Back