Marin Identification

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Managed to buy this little (well, big) beauty for a mate over the weekend. He has collected so I havn't seen it yet....pretty impressive components.
RC31 Forks
RS7 Middleburn Cranks
Ti Hope Wheels
Ti USE Seatpost
Avid Speed Dial Levers
Avid Tri-align Contis
Surly SS Conversion
The seller said the frame (94) originally was fitted with M900.
What frame would that probably be...and how could I identify it?
Cheers
Carl
IMG_6690.jpg

There are only 4 Alu Marin Bikes (MTB without rear sus 1994), two have the same frame.
Serial Number is a big help (as it get you the year)

None came fitted with XTR though, just XT only there VERY TOP bike had XTR fitted.

I also think the black MARIN sticker means 1993 Rocky Ridge, Deore DX equiped.

Middle one of the three (only three that year)
The forks are too long for the bike I would have thought. 1995 (maybe '94) they started altering the frames (or at least advertising as such) for even the lowliest suspension (other than the FRS Manitou one of course) as they all came with ridged forks.

Harryburgundy":iqy2wl44 said:
FluffyChicken":iqy2wl44 said:

Thanks I'll have a look. Number has come back as
Md2ea0056 :?

**2****** means built in 1992, (could easily be 1993 model)
Only two model in '92, neither had black MARIN logo. Only '93 with black marin logo was the one I mentioned earlier.

*****0*** should be the frame size, though coudl be a D and therefore a 19" Marin size (20.5" CTT) if I remeber correctly. there is a thread somewhere with the info.

D would be the model number.
AFAIK
L/M = Nail Trail '94/'95
K = Rocky ridge '94
J = Indian Fire Trail '94 / (and Bull Frog Trail in 1994 as same frame)

Though there's only been a few actual know frame crop up, and I think the 'J' IFT was Inigo's

You'll see 1993 you can measure the downtube and get it's diameter to narrow it down a bit

EDIt just to add K - 1994 RR for reference.

Inigo Montoya":19q39t7m said:
is the logotype on the downtube purple? if yes its a marin indian fire trail from 1993.

you might be right, from a different angle on my laptop it does have a hint of purple to the logo.

If it's original logo it plug a gap and the other two with M53..... are not IFT then but the RockyRidge I am assuming they are.

Back