help please i dont want my retro bike to die!

keefym

Dirt Disciple
hi all i need help with my bike it needs repair soon before it falls by the wayside!
i dont know what year it is but it is a fuji tahoe with no suspension at all all i know is it is 20.5 inch 7005 aluminium. it is an orange colour.
my rear mech hanger has snapped and i need to get a new one but i dont know what will fit with knowing nothing about the bike!
i also need to find out what forks will fit it as i need a wee bit of suspension now as i am not as yound as i used to be! please help a total newb i cant upload a pic at the mo to help but does anyone know how i can find out what it is exactly as its a lovely bike and would be a shame not to use it anymore!, i tried google to no avail...

By coincidence I have an MBR here from Sep 98 with a test of a Fuji Tahoe. It was red with blue decals that year and they liked it and rated it superb value for £340, gave it 5 out of 5.

It has a fairly standard-looking replaceable hanger, so I expect you'll be able to find something to fit it - if not from these two suggestions, then try your LBS.

You'll need a fairly short-travel fork so as not to disturb the frame geometry too much. I'd say 80mm travel max, preferably less. A Bomber Z2 is a superb and low-maintenance fork from that era. Somebody had a Z2 Superfly for sale in the for Sale section last time I looked.

thanks for the reply later on last night i found bikepedia its awesome! i think mine is a 1998 judging by that! will try an uploa some photos if i can find my bluetooth dongle! this forum is excellent, i cant believe i have only just found it!

Anthony":35drqq8p said:
By coincidence I have an MBR here from Sep 98 with a test of a Fuji Tahoe. It was red with blue decals that year and they liked it and rated it superb value for £340, gave it 5 out of 5.

It has a fairly standard-looking replaceable hanger, so I expect you'll be able to find something to fit it - if not from these two suggestions, then try your LBS.

You'll need a fairly short-travel fork so as not to disturb the frame geometry too much. I'd say 80mm travel max, preferably less. A Bomber Z2 is a superb and low-maintenance fork from that era. Somebody had a Z2 Superfly for sale in the for Sale section last time I looked.

thanks for that info, i will have a look i was wandering what would fit it, i was offered some 130mm travel forks and turned them down because i thought it would be too much~

Latest posts

Back