Sizing An LTS

Mark S

Dirt Disciple
Hi. When measuring an LTS for size, do you measure from the bottom bracket to a) the absolute top of the seat post or b) where the seat post meets the top bar? I'm trying to work out whether a frame for sale on eBay is a 16" or 20". Regards, Mark.

Alloy GT's are measured centre of bottom bracket to centre of top tube at the seat tube junction.

You can tell at a glance with an LTS though, if the top tube joins the seat tube under the pivot point it's a 16" if it's in line with the pivot point it's an 18"

GT's should be measured as per my Line 1; centre of BB to top tube.

A lot of people confuse GT measurements though, and measure to the top of the seat tube and claim this as the frame size. So, its always best to check if buying off ebay etc.

So, my old LTS was an 18" frame. Line 1 = 18" and Line 2 = 20".

Attachments

• dsc00220_119.jpg
    dsc00220_119.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,176
Id be wary to with sizing the LTS stands very tall for its size?

I had a 18" LTS and it was just too high for me yet a 18" Zaskar is fine? :?

Thanks for the detailed responses. I should have posted a pic earlier, but here it is. As the top tube meets the seat post above the pivot, can I presume this is a 20"?

Must agree that the LTS is "high". I am usually happy with a "L" from most manufacturers, but my LTS DH feels just a little too big for me.

Regards, Mark.

Attachments

• LTS.jpg
    LTS.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,145
That look's like it'll be an 18" like Pickles red one above, my explanation was slightly wrong, the top tube being under the pivot on a 16" was right but the 18" has the top tube above the pivot.

I cant remember seeing a 20" LTS, like you say they are big for their size so a 20" would be huge, maybe due to the LTS having a higher bottom bracket height.

Not seen an LTS with the pivot behind the seatpost. Must be a huge frame!! Which model is that frame Mark S? IS that seat post skinny enough for steel?

ozpete":1etw2ou4 said:
Not seen an LTS with the pivot behind the seatpost. Must be a huge frame!! Which model is that frame Mark S? IS that seat post skinny enough for steel?

Looks like an LTS DS to me, the one with the curved seat tube from 1998.

Baulz":ddwuzhdt said:
ozpete":ddwuzhdt said:

Looks like an LTS DS to me, the one with the curved seat tube from 1998.

Yes, like this:
LTS001.jpg

Should be measure much in the same manor, utilising an imaginary straight line up from the BB to top tube.

Back